Last Updated on June 1, 2018 by MarcyPro
Ever wonder who’s the guy in all our posts, product images, YouTube videos, and packaging? Time to put those wonders behind!
Meet our go-to Fitness Model and (unofficial) Brand Abassador, Zach Scheerer.
Here are some fun facts about him:
- He grew up in East Peoria IL, and then moved out to Orange County CA four years ago to pursue his acting career.
- He holds a Master’s degree in Psychology, and is certified in ACE, NASM, ISSA and FIGHT FIT.
- He’s been modeling for the fitness industry for approximately 5-6 years. Starting out as the Rawlings Football guy for all their commercials and print work after being approached in the gym by one of their marketing directors.
- He trains about 4-5 days a week with weights doing strength training. But there are times when he will work up to six depending on whether or not he has a shoot coming up. He’s more of a deadlift, squat, bench, and overhead press kind of guy; going as heavy as possible with great form, then hitting auxiliary lifts for each body part as well. Rest periods vary depending on shoot schedules.
- His favorite workout/movement is “THE DEADLIFT BY FAR!!! Love me some deadlifts!! Lol.” (His exact words, haha)
- He has been working with us for about three years now.
- His favorite Marcy product is the Marcy Cage Home Gym MWM-7041. In his opinion, “they are designed for success by doing the BIG 4 lifts: deads, squats, bench, and overhead press. That’s your bread and butter when it comes to results, strength, and health.”
- His an IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) guy. (If you don’t know, “macros” is in reference to “Macronutrients” which are what make up the caloric content of a food – protein, carbs, fats.) Zach has a specific amount of calories to hit based upon his particular goals on a monthly, sometimes, weekly basis. He then designs his macros (P/C/F) according to his needs. He keeps water intake around 1 gallon a day and a goal of at least 25g of fiber a day. (Feel free to ask for more info!)
- Zach’s favorite cheat meal is PIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Which I’m sure, we can all relate!
- Zach is an actor and you can catch him on Grey’s Anatomy, Kingdom, Lifetime movies, and more! His most recent gig is a lead in a movie coming out later this year (2018) or early next year (2019), titled SOUL HUNTERS – action packed drama with supernatural elements and guaranteed to entertain!
To keep up with Zach on socials:
- Instagram: @zscheerer
- Facebook: ZACH SCHEERER (all caps)
- Website: ZachScheerer.com
Don’t be shy and go say hi, he’s really friendly 🙂 Thanks for your time!