Ever wonder who’s the guy in all our posts, product images, YouTube videos, and packaging? Time to put those wonders behind!
Meet our go-to Fitness Model and (unofficial) Brand Abassador, Zach Scheerer.
Here are some fun facts about him:
- He grew up in East Peoria IL, and then moved out to Orange County CA four years ago to pursue his acting career.
- He holds a Master’s degree in Psychology, and is certified in ACE, NASM, ISSA and FIGHT FIT.
- He’s been modeling for the fitness industry for approximately 5-6 years. Starting out as the Rawlings Football guy for all their commercials and print work after being approached in the gym by one of their marketing directors.
- He trains about 4-5 days a week with weights doing strength training. But there are times when he will work up to six depending on whether or not he has a shoot coming up. He’s more of a deadlift, squat, bench, and overhead press kind of guy; going as heavy as possible with great form, then hitting auxiliary lifts for each body part as well. Rest periods vary depending on shoot schedules.
- His favorite workout/movement is “THE DEADLIFT BY FAR!!! Love me some deadlifts!! Lol.” (His exact words, haha)
- He has been working with us for about three years now.
- His favorite Marcy product is the Marcy Cage Home Gym MWM-7041. In his opinion, “they are designed for success by doing the BIG 4 lifts: deads, squats, bench, and overhead press. That’s your bread and butter when it comes to results, strength, and health.”
- His an IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) guy. (If you don’t know, “macros” is in reference to “Macronutrients” which are what make up the caloric content of a food – protein, carbs, fats.) Zach has a specific amount of calories to hit based upon his particular goals on a monthly, sometimes, weekly basis. He then designs his macros (P/C/F) according to his needs. He keeps water intake around 1 gallon a day and a goal of at least 25g of fiber a day. (Feel free to ask for more info!)
- Zach’s favorite cheat meal is PIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Which I’m sure, we can all relate!
- Zach is an actor and you can catch him on Grey’s Anatomy, Kingdom, Lifetime movies, and more! His most recent gig is a lead in a movie coming out later this year (2018) or early next year (2019), titled SOUL HUNTERS – action packed drama with supernatural elements and guaranteed to entertain!
To keep up with Zach on socials:
- Instagram: @zscheerer
- Facebook: ZACH SCHEERER (all caps)
- Website: ZachScheerer.com
Don’t be shy and go say hi, he’s really friendly 🙂 Thanks for your time!